Custom Orthotics Solution For Your Special Needs
We improve biomechanical function, encourage proper joint alignment, and protect existing limbs with custom orthotics. At our medical center, we pair patients with the best products to achieve maximum mobility. The state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment at our clinic, and our specialists' expertise, ensure our patients live full lives.
Our Orthotics Services
Our orthopedic and prosthetic center provides patients with appliances such as braces, guards, and splints to enable healthy mobility. PrimeCare’s custom orthotics support and help heal muscles, joints, or skeletal parts that are weak, ineffective, deformed, or injured. Our extensive range of prosthetics and orthotics optimize the body’s function and encourages confident movement.
Whether it’s for a child or an athlete, our orthotics cater to patients with special needs, equipping them to live the life they want.
How We Work
Stages of Fitting Your Orthosis
- Step 1: Initial EvaluationOnce you’re referred by your physician, you’ll meet our orthotist, who will conduct a thorough evaluation. They’ll discuss your diagnosis and how using a support, brace, foot orthoses, or other devices will fit into your life.
- Stage 2: MeasurementsYour measurements are taken, and in some cases, depending on the orthoses, a cast will be made from plaster or other malleable material. Our clinicians use advanced scanning systems to accurately capture your dimensions for fabrication.
- Stage 3: FabricationAfter insurance approval, your orthotist will send your measurements, casts, or scans to PrimeCare’s partner fabrication facilities, where they are converted into the final device.
- Stage 4: Orthosis DeliveryYour clinician will schedule an appointment to ensure the proper fit and function of your device. They will also provide you with a wearing schedule to help you get accustomed to your orthosis.
Orthotic Conditions in which We Specialize:
- Neuromuscular Disorders (Muscular Dystrophy, ALS, Multiple Sclerosis)
- Stroke Management (Drop Foot, Hemiparesis, Knee Hyperextension and Buckling)
- Sports and Occupational Injuries
- Orthopedic Conditions and Injuries (Osteoarthritis, Fracture and Dislocation Management)
- Foot Pain and Injury
- Wound Care
- Post-Operative and Acute Care Support
- Pediatric Developmental Insufficiencies (Pronation, Low Tone, Gross Motor Delay)
- Spinal and Brain Injuries
- Upper Extremity Devices (MyoPro)
- Functional Electrical Stimulation (WalkAide)
Request an Evaluation
If you have questions or are ready to talk about orthotics options, feel free to schedule a consultation at our clinic in Las Cruces.
Patient Success Stories
How do you know if you need orthotics?If you’re experiencing foot swelling or pain during or after normal activities like standing, walking, or running, you should book an appointment with a podiatrist. They will do an assessment and recommend the best course of treatment.
Is an orthotic a medical device?Yes. Custom orthotics are medical devices prescribed by surgeons and medical professionals. They are not the same as mass-made shoe inserts or arch supports bought at drugstores.
Are orthotics covered by insurance?Most insurance companies cover the cost of most, if not all, orthotics when they are deemed medically necessary. It’s best to call your insurance provider to check what type of coverage you qualify for.
Our Orthotics Services Near You
Looking to improve your mobility with orthotics? Contact us today for an initial, no-obligation consultation.