Transradial Below Elbow Prosthesis Services in Las Cruces & Albuquerque, NM
At PrimeCare Orthotics and Prosthetics, we provide world-class prosthetic solutions for those in Las Cruces and surrounding areas. If you’re looking for a transradial prosthetic arm or a below elbow amputation prosthesis, know that you will get the best device and hands-on care to assist you during this transition.
What Is a Transradial (Below the Elbow) Prosthesis?
A below the elbow amputation is also referred to as a transradial amputation. Many patients who undergo this procedure opt to wear a below elbow amputation prosthesis to give them freedom and mobility from the elbow down and may include the hand as well. This is a type of prosthetic arm that is also used by those with congenital limb loss in addition to medical amputees. While there are different devices, many help the wearer to participate in daily activities such as cooking, shopping, and even participating in active sports.
Types of Transradial Prosthesis for Below Elbow Amputees
Similar to other types of prosthetics, transradial prosthetics come in five main varieties made from different below elbow prosthesis parts. Keep in mind that each comes with a different cost in addition to varying functionality depending on the materials and technology that you use.
Schedule a Transradial Prosthetic Arm Consultation Today
To learn more about our below the elbow prosthetic options and how our team can assist you, please schedule a consultation with our team today!
Our Custom Below Elbow Prosthesis Fabrication Process
- The shape of the residual limb is established
- Below elbow prosthesis casting allows us to make modifications that deal with the load characteristics of the transradial socket or tissue design
- We make a transradial prosthesis. Typically, a diagnostic socket is first made to check the comfort and functionality of the prosthesis
- We’ll teach you how to properly don the prosthesis
- The pressure distribution and volume of the prosthesis are evaluated
- The arm is harnessed
- Suspension is assessed
- The patient’s skin is assessed
- We educate each patient on how to care for the prosthesis
- A definitive prosthesis is created and provided
Why Choose PrimeCare for Custom Transradial Prosthetics in Las Cruces & Albuquerque?
Patient Success Stories
Contact Us for Transradial Amputation Prosthesis Services Today