Pediatric Children’s Custom Orthotics Services in Las Cruces & Albuquerque, NM
At PrimeCare, we are proud to be a leading supplier of pediatric orthotics in Las Cruces. Our specialists have years of experience producing orthotics for kids, getting to know our patients, and helping them feel comfortable with their devices. As a result, we enable children to grow up as happy and healthy as possible.
Orthotics Solution for Children
We know that caring for children is vastly different than treating adults, which is why our multidisciplinary approach to pediatric orthotic services addresses each child’s unique needs.
Our extensive range of custom orthotics for kids provides non-invasive solutions for increased stability, independence, and voluntary control over movement.
When you come to PrimeCare, you can rest assured your little one will receive individualized attention and high-quality care from infancy through adulthood. Our pediatric orthotists are committed to advanced training and ongoing education to be at the top of their field. This means your child has access to the latest technologies and clinical expertise, and you can have peace of mind that your family is working with a team who truly cares about providing your child with the best possible outcome.
Our Custom Kids Orthotics Services
Request Custom Kids Orthotics Consultation in New Mexico
Our team at PrimeCare is here to help your child find the most comfortable and functional kids' orthotics on the market, giving you and your family confidence. Contact us today to start the process!
Why May Your Children Use Orthotics?
Pediatric orthotics or kidding orthotics might come into play for a multitude of reasons. Most reasons usually revolve around common conditions that can impact their feet as they grow and develop. Heel pain is one of the most common pediatric complaints in children. This is also called calcaneal apophysitis or ‘severs disease.’ Even though this condition can be uncomfortable on its own, remember that this is a symptom that often signifies a different problem that could be developing in the feet.
Here are some other common reasons that you might need to look into child orthotics:
- Excessive pronation and/or supination
- Delayed development including very low tone pronation and sensory issues
- High levels of specific foot correction despite having adequate ankle control
- Knee hyperextension
- Excessive plantarflexion or dorsiflexion
- The need for more medial/lateral stability
- The need for assistance in managing the knee position in extension and/or flexion
What to Expect on the Pediatric Orthotics Journey
- At PrimeCare, we strive to make every child’s life as easy and enjoyable as possible with advanced orthotic solutions. Our committed team provides orthotics for kids including custom pediatric orthoses, including orthotics for flat feet children, designed with the latest technology and clinical expertise for the best possible outcome.
- Just as children grow, so does our specialist expertise and ongoing education, ensuring your child receives the very best technologically innovative treatments. Whether it is orthopedic inserts, kids orthotics, or ankle-foot orthotics, children of all ages trust PrimeCare’s proven medical devices and expertise.
- Pediatric orthoses typically last between one and three years, depending on your child’s growth pattern and activity level. Our podiatrists carefully monitor each child’s rehabilitation progress and work together with their caregivers for optimal development.
Patient Success Stories
Schedule Kids Orthotics Appointment Today in Las Cruses and Albuquerque, NM
PrimeCare is located in Las Cruces but helps patients throughout New Mexico and other areas, including Ciudad Juárez and El Paso.
Call PrimeCare today to schedule an initial, no-obligation appointment to learn how our unique orthotic solutions can help your child!
How often do children need new prosthetics?
If your child’s feet are causing pain or affecting their walking or other activities, they should see a podiatrist. Children with in-toeing or out-toeing feet, or with bow-legs or knock knees beyond the age of two, may require medical attention. Frequent tripping or falling is a common sign they may need orthotics.
Are orthotic protocols the same for children and adults?
While the goals and processes for kids and adults are similar, there are added considerations for children because they’re still growing. From a biomechanical and design perspective, it is similar; however, each child has a unique motor, cognitive, adaptive function, and learning abilities that are accounted for.
At what age should kids get orthotics?
While in some rare cases, a child may be eligible to wear orthotics at one years-old or younger, most start once they turn two, and this is only if they really need to. Health professionals recommend custom-made orthotics at the age of five or six years old, once a child’s foot bones have positioned themselves. However, each child has unique needs. If you have doubts, it's best to seek a professional opinion.
Will my child need orthotics forever?
The answer depends on many different factors. Orthotics are designed to help provide alignment and support to avoid pain and discomfort, however, wearing them doesn’t cause permanent improvements. Some children need orthotics for many years while others need them for the rest of their life. We can help answer your questions during your consultation or appointment.