Sports & Athletic Prosthetics Solutions
Our mission is to help normalize prosthetic limbs in sports and recreation. Regardless of your fitness background, we can help you understand sport-specific knowledge on how to move properly, prevent injuries and connect with others
Personalized Prosthetics Services for Runners & Other Athletes
There’s nothing more important to us than helping you stay active and embrace all of the activities that you love.
At Prime Care Orthotics & Prosthetics, we have helped countless athletes with their custom running prosthetics and fitness prosthetic needs. Athletic prosthetics have come a long way and we have access to the best technology to help you perform your best.
Depending on where your amputation occurred, we can help fit you with an upper or lower limb prosthetic that allows you to continue to enjoy your favorite activities. Prosthetics and sports are a perfect match with our caring team and innovative technology.
Types of Prosthetic Devices for Disabled Athletes We Provide
We’ve built prosthetics for:
Jogging and running
- Stage 1: Free ConsultationIf you’re interested in learning more about our different sports and athletic prosthetics solutions but you’re not sure where to begin, take advantage of our free consultations. We’re happy to talk through your options and show you how we can help.
- Stage 2: First Appointment and MeasurementsAfter your consultation, we will begin working to fit you for your prosthetic device. You’ll work with a prosthetist who will take a scan or cast of your limb and take any necessary measurements that we’ll use to create your device.
- Stage 3: AuthorizationAs soon as we have your information and measurements, we’ll work on some administrative steps. We will work to verify your insurance coverage and fill any prescriptions that you might need during this time. Transparency in this step will help give you peace of mind.
- Stage 4: Prosthetics FabricationPrimeCare’s first-time amputees are fitted with temporary prosthetics for an initial 3-12 months. After careful monitoring and evaluation, we select definitive solutions that best suit your condition and lifestyle.
Dedicated monitoring via our app and regular checkups assessing the suitability of your prosthetic prescription as you progress is vital to ensure comfort and mobility.
- Stage 5: Fit, Delivery & Socket FabricationOnce the prosthetic and the socket have been fabricated, we will have the final product ready for you to try on! We hope that it will exceed your expectations and we’ll work to make sure that the fit and function are exactly what you expected.
- Stage 6: Progress Tracking and Follow UpOur process doesn’t stop there. Perhaps the most important step in fitting you with your prosthetic device is following up with you at regular intervals to see how you are doing and to address any issues surrounding the fit or functionality of your device.
Request a Free Evaluation
No matter what stage of the process you’re in, we’re here to help answer your questions.
Patient Success Stories
Can I use an everyday prosthetic for doing sports?There are several options to consider when it comes to different prosthetics for sports. In most cases, athletes prefer using specially designed prosthetics that give them a slight advantage over a regular prosthetic device.
How do I choose the right prosthetics for my sport?Our team will work with you to make sure that you end up with a prosthetic that’s both comfortable and functional to help you play your desired sport. You won’t go through this process alone and our team is there to help every step of the way!
What is the cost of a prosthetic running leg?How much you pay for a prosthetic running leg is highly dependent on your specific needs and your insurance. Running prosthetic legs range significantly in price and come in many different forms. We’re happy to talk specifics with you when we know more about your needs!