Custom Lower Limb Leg Prosthetics
At PrimeCare Orthotics & Prosthetics, we have access to cutting-edge technologies to help design and implement lower extremity prostheses to empower you to live a life that you love.
Lower Limb Prosthesis Solutions
At any age, the ability to move can undoubtedly impact your quality of life.
For those who have had a lower limb amputated, options such as lower extremity prosthetics can help you navigate a new normal and empower you to live life to the fullest. Our team at PrimeCare provides lower leg prosthetics in Las Cruces and surrounding areas that allow you to participate in daily activities without daunting limitations.
Our team is passionate about fitting you with a comfortable and well-fitting prosthetic that suits your individual needs both functionally and aesthetically.
Types of Leg Prosthetics Options We Provide
There are different types of lower limb prosthetics depending on where the amputation occurred. We’ve outlined the types of prosthetics that we offer below.
- Free ConsultationThe first step in getting a prosthetic leg is to schedule an initial consultation. This allows us to ensure we have the right products that you’ll need for your physical rehabilitation process.
- First Appointment and MeasurementsIf the initial consultation goes well, we will then schedule your first appointment where we will learn more about your medical history and discuss your goals. During this time, we’ll take measurements to fabricate your device.
- AuthorizationAdministrative steps: We’ll verify your insurance coverage and work with your doctor to create a prescription based on the device and services that you require. For a new prosthesis or maintenance to an existing prosthesis, your insurance company is billed.
- Prosthetics FabricationNext comes the process of making custom leg prosthetics. We use the measurements from your previous appointment to order the components. Once they arrive, it takes 2-3 days for our team to construct the prosthetic.
- Fit, Delivery & Socket FabricationNothing is more important to us than making sure that your prosthetic is comfortable for you! During this fitting appointment, your prosthetist will also assemble your direct socket system.
- Progress Tracking and Follow UpOne of the most important steps in leg prosthetics is progress tracking and follow-up. These additional appointments allow us to make adjustments to the fit of your prosthesis at regular intervals and address any issues about functionality.
Lower Limb Prosthetics for First-Time Amputees
If you’re a first-time amputee, you likely have questions about your prosthetic lower leg options. Our team is passionate about helping patients, no matter their experience with prosthetics, understand their options and feel comfortable with the process.
With a decade of experience under our belt, our team has worked with countless patients to improve their comfort and mobility.I
f it is your first time working with us, make sure to bring your physician’s prescription, insurance information, a photo ID, and pre-printed and filled-out registration forms.
Request a Free Evaluation
To learn more about our services or if you’re ready to discuss your prosthetic options, schedule a consultation with our team today.
Why Choose PrimeCare for Arm Prosthetics
Dedicated Limb-Loss Counseling
Patient Success Stories
What is the cost of a prosthetic leg?The prosthetics leg price is typically less than $10,000 for a basic leg while computerized legs can cost $70,000 or more. Keep in mind that insurance is also factored in, making the prices more affordable for many patients.
How often does a prosthetic leg need to be replaced?How often you’ll need to replace your lower leg prosthetic is different for every person. Many patients receive a new leg every 3-5 years.
Can you drive with prosthetic legs?Yes! Those with all levels of limb loss are still able to drive a car. Others may require the use of special vehicle equipment to assist them with the process.